The British writer, Sir Terence David John “Terry” Pratchett, has a very interesting and wise quote about cats, “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” The first time I saw this quote, I just couldn’t stop laughing and thinking to myself that this is so true and well said. In Taiwan, there is a term to describe the cat owners, and if I literally translate this term into English, it would be “Cat Servants”. Cat Servants are like being caught up with vicious virus that erode the brains, and once infected, there is no cure to this serious disease. There is no doubt that I am one very loyal servant of my cats and I am actually honoured and proud of being one.
We, the Cat Servants, see ourselves as extreme cat lovers – a group of people that spend certain amount of their earnings to raise, treat and own the cats, but in reality, we are actually brainwashed by these furry felines with their angelic looks and we worship them as our masters to be served and pleased. Wasn’t this what the Egyptians were doing long time ago?? They even built Cat Goddess Temple for Bastet 2000 years ago to show their admiration of the cats which actually kind of proving J that human beings have started salving ourselves to serve our masters, the great Cat Goddess. 😉
So from my own experience and my observation, here are a few features that shared by the Cat Servants:
1. We Cat Servant cannot resist any request from our masters.
2. We Cat Servant proudly carry all the scratches or bite marks from our cats and seeing these as the way of showing our loyalty to the masters, the more scratches we have collected, the more loyal we are. (in this case, I am a SuperDuper, die hard cat servant and I am happy to show my collections….)
3. We Cat Servants don’t complain about getting up early every day to prepare food for the masters and clean their kitty litter boxes.
4. We Cat Servants make sure the masters sleep first, and get anxious if our masters sometimes don’t want us to sleep with them at night.
5. We Cat Servants dedicate most of the monthly wage to buy best food, treats and toys for our masters.
6. We Cat Servants are always ready to offer our body to the cats……. (haha, don’t get me wrong, I meant to let them sleep on)
7. We Cat Servants think of our master 24/7, and have a whole collection of photos of them either in our phones and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any social media…. (look left to my Istagram link, no explanation here… 🙂 )
Let me finish up with the following…
Yes, I am surely pleased and happy with whatever my cats do to me….
You crazy cat lovers out there, check in and let me know if you are also a Cat Servant or if you are becoming one…… 🙂